Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels
With the help of modern technology, businesses can offer faster solutions, providing benefits for both customers and staff. Digital transformation can help businesses to modernize their systems, and improve their operations. For a few ideas to get you thinking, consider the following options.
1 . Improve your IT systems
To improve your operations, and offer a better customer experience, it’s a good idea to modernize your IT systems. There are several ways that you can do this including:
- Use SaaS applications: Your business should determine any on-site systems that can be moved to a SaaS cloud-based system. There are several advantages of using SaaS applications, including, auto-updates, better scalability, and reduced hardware expenses.
- Use a managed IT service: With the help of a managed IT service, you can modernize your services, enhance your security, and experience less downtime.
- Internet-based phone lines: Businesses that are still using traditional phone lines will need to migrate before the BT ISDN switch off in 2025.
2. Enhanced security
All types of businesses are at risk of a cyberattack, and so it’s a good idea to improve your cybersecurity protection. There are many different ways to ensure enhanced security including:
- Use multifactor authentication to protect your network and your data.
- Ensure that you use mobile device management policies (to protect employees using remote devices).
- Train your staff in cybersecurity best practices, for example how to spot Phishing emails.
- Get yourself a cybersecurity insurance policy for extra protection.
3. Use the right tools
With the help of software tools, businesses can boost productivity, and automate tedious processes. There are plenty of options available including project management tools, email marketing tools, or CRM software. Whether you’re looking to improve your marketing or offer a better customer experience, there are plenty of tech tools that can help.
4. Virtual services
In 2020, virtual services became a real necessity. Many businesses will continue offering virtual services throughout 2021. From online wine-tastings to online yoga classes, virtual events offer convenience for the modern consumer. Webinars are an excellent way to market yourself and to provide a small-scale event. To increase engagement and widen your customer base, consider which kind of virtual event you could offer. Engagement can be tricky with virtual events, and so you’ll need to think about how you can be creative.
5. Mobile payments
Mobile payment processing allows customers to pay using their mobile phones, (even if they’ve left their credit cards at home)! These solutions offer improved convenience for the customer, and have become increasingly popular over the last year or so. With faster payment solutions, you could even speed up your queues in-store. By adopting the fastest solutions out there, you’ll save time and keep your customers happy.
There are so many more ways that your business can use tech to improve. As a modern business, it’s important to keep up with the latest that tech has to offer.