If you’re too interested in what others think, these tips from Ask Reddit can help.
1. Wonder how many hours of your day you think of the man you just bought your groceries from? Or the girl you passed?
If you don’t really think much about others than others, you don’t care what you do. So stop being scared and YOLO.
2nd Most of it comes from social competition and constant comparison with others. Learn to only compare yourself to yourself. Did I do my best? What can i improve? How much do I want to improve next time? When you compare yourself to yourself, you automatically stop comparing yourself to others. This will make you happier, more goal-oriented, more strategic and more successful / productive.
3rd It is possible that you think that everyone around you judges you when projecting your own critical judgment on others. The solution here would be to try not to judge the people around you as much and to accept the people in general more. This will slowly change your perception of others so that you stop worrying about being judged.
4th Get rid of your social media.
5. For me it started with the realization that everyone thinks much more about themselves than about me. I am not that important. In the right sense!
6. This could help. Or it could be stupid. But the idea that everyone you meet in the day had to use the toilet as you could keep their secret, and the idea that you have to take care of what they think.
They are no better than you. Cut it down to biological functions and they have to do the same things that you do. You cannot avoid it. Even the queen.
7. I worked in retail for years. I found that I hardly remember anyone or what they did. I only remember the full stitches.
8th. I think as soon as you turn 30 you naturally give about 10% less fuck what others think every year afterwards.
9. I literally just remember that 90% of the people I meet will never see me again. So what does it matter to impress?
10th It’s all part of the big picture, not worrying about things that are unimportant to you, and only worrying about things that bring you specific measurable benefits.
Do you benefit? Great, put energy into it. Everything else, fuck it. It is not worth your time unless you have some of it.
11. By realizing that everyone is broken and human. You are just as concerned about how you judge them. The most important thing to focus on is what YOU think of you. Live to be a better you, no better impression of you.
12. Ask people questions, let them speak, and just listen. People love to be invited to talk about themselves. In general, people care much more about themselves than others. It sounds tough, but it actually frees you.
13. Desensitize yourself. Force yourself to do shit that worries you about what others think. Eventually you will stop thinking about it.
14. You know every stupid thing you’ve done that will come to your mind years later? They did things like that and worse.
fifteen. Be yourself and give zero fucks about her opinion, because frankly her thoughts don’t rule your life. It’s not something to train, it’s something to unlearn.
16. Understandably, this is a delusion, but my method is to adopt one of three modes.
I am a god and your opinions are as important as your worship to me.
I am a visiting alien from another planet. Their opinions are meaningless and difficult to understand. I am only here to eat your food and visit your theme parks.
I am an elderly immortal who lived long before you were born and will live long after you die. Your opinions are only important to you as I am too busy to take care of them.
Stupid with a hint of madness, but I’m doing more now because other people’s opinions don’t matter.